1. What: 3,050 bike race by Bucknell and Penn alumni from Santa Monica, CA to Atlantic City, NJ to raise $1 million for scholarship for both universities
2. When: Sunday, September 9, 2007 to Thursday, September 27, 2007 (19 days)
3. Who: Four Bucknell alumni (3 generations) and four Penn alumni. Four senior riders have a combined age of 262 years!
4. The Route: 103,000 feet of climbing elevation. Most difficult bike route in the world!
5. States Visited: Fourteen - California, Arizonia, Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware and New Jersey.
6. Average Miles Biked Per Day: 160 miles.
7. Most Hilly States: Colorado and West Virginia
8. Rivers Crossed: Five longest rivers in the U.S. that are entirely in the U.S.: the Mississippi, Missouri, Rio Grande, Arkansas and the Ohio (Colorado River is crossed, but extends into Mexico)
9. Northernmost Point Traveled: Urbana, Ohio
10. Southernmost Point Traveled: Blythe, California
11. Westernmost Point Traveled: Santa Monica, California
12. Easternmost Point Traveled: Atlantic City, New Jersey
13. Best Information Source During the Race: www.alumnibikerace.com, Daily Blogs and daily updates